Thursday 4 October 2012

Pirate Lolitas, Love it or Hate it

★Pirate Lolita's★

 

★Love it Or Hate it★

 I can start striaght away with my adoration and love for pirate lolita, and why? Well one of my best friends IS a pirate lolita and has been extremely kind to explain in debt of the subculture and styles. 

Personally this style takes (to be so blunt) balls.



Pirate lolita has become more and more of a recognized style these days with many companies including Alice & The Pirates and Fan + Freind Catering for these styles. When done correctly it can look elegant and frankly stunning with a lush amount of ruffles, asymmetric shapes, corset, bustles skirts, pirate prints and tricorn's!

Unlike most lolita styles I feel pirate lolita is a style for those "hardy worked" people, people who prefer to add a little "punk in attitude" to there style. I've found most of the pirate lolita's I have met are free spirited, aren't afraid to say their opinions and frankly are more rugged than most lolita's. This is not saying they are "garish" but is saying they are more tough and tend to live a lifestyle of plundering.

http://www.fanplusfriend.com/servlet/the-New-Arrivals/Categories

The main thing I adore about pirate style is the prints! Unlike most lolita styles I find pirate style prints or prints that can be used for pirate, have way more detail very penmanship to the print than other styles do. They are intrinsic in design and have this flowing nature to them.

Alice & The Pirates
Alice Print II Pink JSK
Alice &The Pirates
Vampire Reqiuem Skirt RED

Alice & The Pirates
Night Fairy Fantasia NAVY
Alice & The Pirates
Treasure hunt in the mystic island Black

Alice & The Pirates
Treasure hunt in the mystic island NAVY

I think pirate, despite how some people think pirate is quite diverse. There are many ways to do the pirate style, some prefer the old fashioned pirate style like Pirates of the Carabian and then (like myself) some prefer different style like French pirate or Chinese pirate.


Pirate lolita is truly a style i admire and there are many ways to incorporate the fashion to make it work for you, as I said before like different country style of pirates. Looking into history is an incredibly good way to learn about the "pirate lifestyle" and can easily inspire outfits, photo op's and even events to attend to. Here is a selection of multiple images NOT OWNED BY ME of different pirates lolita's floating in public places all over the internet in which are all amazing inspirations into the fashion culture. I would highly recommend pirate lolita for those who like to have fun in their fashion style, I always advise to try something at least once and IN FACT I did too~


This was a fun mini "makeover" my friend's convinced me to try, being the style pirate lolita. I may look oh so serious in some pics but seconds after each I burst out loling~

I really enjoy pirate lolita, true it is NOT my thing in this style of pirate, rococo or french style pirate yes but not rly this. However it was rly fun, it is not my style but I'm not against trying it. I think what I like most is the use of the Vampire Requiem print, I want to get this same print but in Ivory so may come back to you with a similar co-ord one day~

PIRATE'S AHOY!
































No comments:

Post a Comment