Friday 13 June 2014

† Time †


  † Time †
Bodyline Heels/ Straps on wrong due to be an idiot..

 Life changes



Oh how thing's have changed since my last blog post in 2012. Not only has my life taken a huge change and a twist turn of events but so has my style. It has been a long time since I've blogged, I have had so much to say and had no idea how to say it but now since revising my thought's I have some idea on how to do it. I'd like to start by introducing my new look and take on life. For the few of you who may have indulged in my Lookbook account you will have spotted the obvious change to my appearance but not so much to my life. 2013 to 2014 was a rough ride at first but after a lot of life changing events things have turned out quite well surprisingly. I have dealt with a lot since the change, including an odd situation with a stalker/ ex friend who I simply left this message for;


 All jokes aside this year has been rather enlightening. I have done some soul searching, spent some amazing time with family, learn many new skills, got involved in Chinese culture due to my boyfriend and have learned an awful lot in this time, I have also been a yoyo with my weight but life happens, I have reconnected with old friends and made many new ones. It's strange how such a small event can help change your life for the better.
 
My Nana

Nana, Me and My Mother
No long after she was Diagnosed with Pancreatic Cancer

 For those who followed me and my family during my Nana's passing I'd like to thank each and everyone one of you for your support to the family but thanks to my mother's hard work, my Nana's passing was peaceful and due to this event my mother has become a full time helper/adviser for families of Pancreatic Cancer cases.So if anyone ever need's advice I'll send you her way she is truly an angel. My Nana, Ethel, was an amazing person and the whole family did their best to help. Kind, loving, helpful and despite her illness she did her best to keep all around her happy. She was brave and my Mother was strong caring for her daily, we could not ask for a more wonderful person.

My Mother and Nana
This was when my Mother became a full time carer.
Much Doge


It's such a pain in the ass to get a photo of this lovely man.

 My darling boyfriend Tony is a sweet and caring man and how we met was a funny one. Two mutual friends of ours got married and invited us to the wedding, I was a guest whilst Tony was a camera man. I learned at the wedding that he was doing it for free and was impressed he was doing such a kind deed without pay. We got talking, one thing led to another and now we've been an item for nearly a year now. We became a couple on the 10th of July so next month will be own 1 year anniversary however we had seen each other prior to the wedding and honestly I had freaked him out. As a guest of NEcon to do a lolita panel I had bumped into him, inviting him to join the lolita community I used to be a member of but he was taken back by me approaching him and thought I was some crazy weeb anime fan.


 But as time went on we got to know each other and became very close. He's a very talented man, he loved to film and take photo's. He is also an amazing dancer and often get's a crowd from how fast he moves like damn. This man not only has taught me how to truly love myself for who I am but has shown me what true love and kindness really is. He truly is my living doge meme and has truly changed my life. One of his quote's I'll never forget was "The hardest one to love are the ones that need it most" from Papa Roach's song "Carry me". He can be very cheasy at times but most of the time he's really down to earth and extremely funny.



Halloween/Whitby Goth Weekend

Style Change


 A year or so ago, this was me. I wore sweet lolita fashion for some time, it was beautiful, colorful and cute but something about it didn't work for me. Once upon a time it was part of me and help make me who I am but with the aide of family and Tony I slowly but surely found my own path and let go of the past by truly accepting who I am and finally believing it was okay to be myself.

So naturally it did not take long for me to go back to my routes of my youth and follow of more darker roots.


After finally giving in I re-found my love of Goth and Gothic Lolita fashion I finally felt so much better, it is also a plus due to how much easier it is to shop for. This outfit here was more Goth than Lolita but truly is one of my favorite outfits. These days for my out of Gothic Lolita clothes, I tend to wear bodycon style dresses (Skeleton prints, crochet lace, dresses for hour glass figures) with funky shoes and have rediscovered my love for crosses and chokers.

My biggest fashion inspiration ( and one of my favorite bands) these days is Maria Brink from In This Moment and truly she is amazing with stunning fashion taste and thanks to Tony I've slowly started to build up many photo's of my outfits and will slowly start to share them, may even get back to youtube one day.



 For now that's where I'd love to end on, a few news things about me and lots of things I shall soon talk about and go into more dept with. so I hope this will be a fun hobby to continue but know that it will be more of a random/everything style blog more than just Lolita orientated.


Thank you for your time,
Pleasant Dreams †


No comments:

Post a Comment