Wednesday 20 May 2015

† Bodyline: L340 Review †

† Bodyline: L340 Review † 








Brand :  Bodyline (Direct Link)
Replica: No
Style : One Piece
Colorway : Black
Measurements;
  2L
Length 94cm
Bust 92-102cm
Waist 76-86cm
Dress Information



I'd like to thank everyone for your pm's about this dress, I know I have not blogged for awhile but I hope this review will help you aide your purchase of such an item. Before this image of Venus Angelic was uploaded in the black I did not think much of this dress. The green color way in my opinion look washed out and cheep but on receiving the dress I had a total 160 regarding my opinion. The dress is cotton based with a beautiful chiffon overlay. It  may give the illusion of being smaller but it actually has two sections of shirring on the sides. The sleeved are puffy but I found them a bit short and near resembling a jsk in the shortness. The sleeved to torso has an unusual shape to it and as you can see from the model it is wider like a jsk hence why Venus has the hair covering her under arms. The A line cut is quite beautiful and is not designed for a larger petticoat. This OP is actually designed for women of a fuller bust and even has a shapely bust when not being worn it also has no lining inside and can be uncomfortable so best to wear something underneath if you can. 

I bought this OP second hand without the bow (sadly) and discovered when wearing it that it was near impossible to get into on my own. Shinji was kind enough to aide me when we were on holiday but by placing a simple black ribbon into the zip handle it did the job to dress myself. I also discovered that this dress has a small manufacturing error being a tiny white thread stuck between the cotton and the chiffon at the end of the zip. On a last note I found this dress was actually very short so when wearing it I wore it with an under skirt to increase the length. I will also note that this dress is a bit odd fitting on the body and would not recommend this dress to flat chested,  male *without a bra or fake bust* or tall people. This dress is flattering for busty girls but at the same time it can be really baggy on the waist (check at the bottom for coordinate photographs and dress photographs to see what I mean)


 

 Dress Photographs







Coordination Idea



OP : Bodyline 
Cutsew : Bodyline
Bag : The Great Goth
Overskirt : Handmade
Roasary Necklace : Offbrand and modded.

Since I was heading to Whitby Goth Weekend with Shinji I wanted to try and create an outfit that represented the weekend and its entirety. I did the shironuri technique with my base make up too which took what felt like forever to do.  The chiffon over skirt was made to go with a different dress but I felt that it worked so well with this OP and really helped give it something special. Keeping the religious theme of Whitby I decided to use the coffin bag I bought the Goth Weekend before with the rosary I modded.

After this coordinate idea I actually paired the dress with a bonnet I had handmade and a small silver cross chain to extenuate the headdress. I did find the bonnet quite interesting to wear and I did remark a lot that it was "My cone of shame" *Up Movie Reference* I also paired it with some spiked rocking horse shoes, Modded cross wrist cuffs, black tights, handmade underskirt and was meant to add some black roses but alas I left my black roses at home so I feel the coordinate worn photograph below was lacking and missed that little something to finish it off. As I said above the dress also has a weird shape for the arms so I wore a black cutsew underneath, sadly because the waist was too big to balance the bust the cutsew was puffy/lace bottom down from the under bust so it kept riding up so if I was to wear a cutsew again I'd go for a fitted one instead.

Coordinate Photograph


 Overall I think this is a nice dress but sadly, as I said, I would not recommend this to fellow male or flat chested lolitas unless you plan to wear a padded bra or fake implants with it. Also if you are a tall lolita you may have to wear this with an underskirt so you may flash people your bloomers a bit more than you want to. 

Thanks for reading,
Pleasant dreams~

No comments:

Post a Comment