Sunday 24 May 2015

† Bodyline: L329 Review †

† Bodyline: L329 Review † 

 
 

Style : JSK

Color Way : White
Measurements; 

2L
Back center of length 93cm
Bust 94-104cm
Waist 80-90cm

Dress Information





This is another one that many people have asked me to do a review on so here it is. I have owned this dress in three of the color ways. Pink, black and white. Since the first release of this dress the fabric quality and shape of the dress has improved a lot and is one of the best dresses to buy from the Bodyline company. I would highly recommend this dress and will straight away say that the measurements are quite accurate and do not go smaller or larger than stated. The fabric is very nice with chiffon touches and silk bows. The thing I love the most about this dress is the simplicity of the design, despite simple it is incredibly beautiful and flow very elegantly on the body. This dress has a lot of room for a petticoat and since the fabric is so thick you could wear any shape of petticoat and it wont show through. The image at the top shows me wearing it with a black petticoat and as you can see you can not tell. I would recommend wearing a large bell and cupcake shaped petticoat with this dress as it sits like a Victorian wedding dress aka heavy bottom but flows from the waist.

Despite that this dress is using synthetic lace it is balanced out by the chiffon and does not touch the skin meaning absolutely zero irritation and perfect comfort. The chiffon is beautiful and decorated with tiny little heart. The waist ties are sadly not removable but with a little work you can fashion them into a bow, however one tail may be shorter than the other. The waist bow is removable and is finished off with 6 pretty little pearl. I found these pearls charming but wished they had pearls elsewhere on the dress to balance it out.I spotted that this dress has a few unfinished threads on the bows but nothing a pair of scissors can not fix. The dress has no lining but is still a very charming garment.
Lolibrary Link : Heart Tulle Jsk

 

 Dress Photographs












Coordination Idea


  Jsk: Bodyline 
High Collar Blouse : Bodyline
Wrist Cuffs : Bodyline
Tiara : Custom Made
  Rosary Necklace : Offbrand 
Specter : Handmade / Shiro Hime.

 




I do not think I need to say much on this outfit as it pretty much speaks for itself. This coordinate is very simple but lovely. I wanted to keep this look as shiro as possible whilst still fitting with a hime style aesthetic. Paired with white shoes, gloves, tights and glitter this outfit is fitting for an elegant occasion without breaking the bank.

I think if I was to re-wear this I would wear it with a peignoir or chiffon over skirt to give it that extra magical feel.



 Coordinate Photograph


“Adieu, once again, my children” I hosted a meet up for my local comm with the theme of royalty. For my outfit I decided to do a different take on Marie Antoinette's white gown that she wore on her way to the Guillotine. Instead of the black ribbon she wore upon her head with the cap (she cut off her hair before she died) I decided to go for black hair almost like to keep her well known beauty alive yet kept my skin pale to represent her death. I also incorporated a lot of her religious beliefs and symbolism's into the outfit, jewelry and tiara. This was my first proper attempt at a full white coordinate and it's not too bad ( I am quite happy with this outfit for once ) and there is not really anything I'd change other than my glasses. FYI I can not change my glasses as I am blind without them but I do plan to get some white glasses soon to make coordinating a little easier. Least they match my "rococo style" make up haha~

 




Hope this review will help answer all questions.

Pleasant dreams~

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful dress and coord! ♥
    The scepter is gorgeous and so are the pearl rosary, but the dress is the surprise: How pretty! Bodyline pictures doesn't do it justice at all, I've also bought a white dress form them and it's so pretty in person!
    Your outfit is so amazing, white gothic coords are really inspiring ^^
    Thank you for the review!
    Hugs,
    Medora :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am very happy this review has helped dear. Yes I thought that too, there are many jems with bodyline now and they are also trying to improve quality. I hope to review as many dresses as I get from them to help people with their purchasing so they do not get something which is bad quality. I have seen a lot of review but not many have as much detailed information on them~

      Daw thank you I really liked this coordinate it's my favorite one to date <3

      Lots of hugs for you too hun~

      Delete