Wednesday 16 May 2012

Ganguro, Love it or hate it?



★GANGURO★

★Love it Or Hate it★




 
 I've never taken it seriously myself when wearing it, but one of my most favourite styles from Japan is Ganguro. Its so unusually and I personally think it's beautiful. The Ganguro look, I would say is an extreamly over the top holiday maker, as if on a trip to Hawaii, these people coat themselves in summer clothing, rainbow flower's and extream tan to achieve this kind of American bimbo look.



From what I've known and gathered, Ganguro is a bit of a rebelious look agaisnt tradtional beauty, against the look of pale skin, black/dark hair and pale common look of socity. Ganguro's go ALL OUT over the top with these look. Translated to "black face" Kanji:顔黒 Hiragana: がんぐろ Katakana: ガングロ the Ganguro make up consists of extreamly dark foundation/fake tan, white eyeshadow and nose strike, with over powering colour's to the mix giving an extremely dark and grotesque look~









I tried it SLIGHTLY once for a costume of a chacrter for a LARP I was part of. Yes, I LARP, I'm a full on nerd, however the Ganguro look I think is personally something I doubt I could do on a daily basis. You need some gut's to be able to do this in England. Anyway's I made a design for my larp character being this unusually thing and from this drawing I created my own OC *origenal Character* for the LARP and also made my outfit for said character. So you could say this was my first attempt of the ganguro style, mixed a thingy bit with some goth (it was a vampire LARP afterall)

Next time if I was to re-do it properly and not as a costume, I would use way darker foundation and brighter colouful cltohing and hair

Would I wear it normally? Maybe, I'm not agaisnt trying new things and I'll try things at least once, so who knows maybe I will~





No comments:

Post a Comment