Friday 18 May 2012

Milky Planet Sweet Angel Review


★Milky Planet★

★Sweet Angel Replica Review★


 

Dream of Lolita Milky Planet One Piece - CB1180522
Colours: Lavender / Yellow / Black / Blue
Material: Cotton
*This OP is shirred on the back

*Fabric for custom sizing of this series does not come with the white print on the bottom

Today I'm giving my own mini review of "Dream of Lolita" aka "Sweet Angel" Milky Planet replica from Angelic Pretty in Lavender. To start off with, I;d like to say I am not a huge fan of purple dresses, but this dress is incredbly nice and for once, it is a shade of purple I will keep. The dress fits like a glove, infact it's actually a little too big but easily solved with the aid of the shirring ribbon on the back, it also has a really good length, perfect for taller people or those with huge hips like I do.



Not fabulous, but as soon as I opened the package and pulled out the waist ties, I sat for a good 30 minutes doing a little bit of bow practise, tryign first seeing it then after without looking. It works, kind of, enough to look like a bow and not some drunken bar fight on my dress. This video from Hypern Japan, I believe, is super handy for doing waist tie bows right, done by a Baby The Stars Shine Bright staff member at the stall~

★The Headbow★

Well to start off with due to me buying this 2nd hand (the seller bought it direct/new but got the wrong size) my bow has not come with the small icecream pin, so I will happily hunt for that. However I have own this same bow and replcia before in a different cut and I cna safely say the bow is a small disaster. It has no interfacign so it is extreamly floppy, the small centre cloth keeping the bow together is too large and hold not support, and to add insult to injury the metal cloth wrapped hairband is sewn so you can see the stiching on the outside.

All this is easy to fix, but when you buy first hand from something it should be betetr quality than this. I'll grant the bow that it is easy to repair and make into somethign decent, but I will probably sell this bow anyways and buy the real Angelic Pretty Headbow in pink insted.




★The Waist Bow★


Now this, this is nicely made, still a tiny bit big on the band, but this bow has allot of strength and shape to it. The pin is plain and simple but strong enough to keep the bow on, can not really say anythign extra but kudo's for the bow~

★The Dress, Front★





There was something spotted by my best friend and housemate which really shocked me when I was getting the dress ready for photo's and that was the problem with the lace detail, or lack of detail I should say. As you can see in the image below it seems it met the end of its role as the pattern on the lace has seemingly vanished. This was pretty annoying as it will be hard to replace without hunting for new lace or doing it myself.


★The Dress, Back★





★★★OVERALL OPINION★★★

This dress has allot of factory faults, but it is not impossible to fix if one knows what they are doing. Size wise it is perfect and the fabric quality is also amazing, this is also perfect for tal or big hipped people as the length of the skirt is not too long but not too short either.

★4/5★

My main reason by docking a 1 is being the unfinished lace on the botton on the dress, the headbow which is a disaster and the problem with the front bow~




1 comment:

  1. Great review!!
    One question, is it a DOL replica or a sweet angel, or are they the same thing and I'm a idiot? ^_^ thanks

    ReplyDelete