Friday 20 June 2014

† Bodyline : Love Jewlery Set Review †

Love Jewelry



Brand : ℬodyline (www.bodyline.co.jp)
Style : JSK/Jumperskirt
Size :2L
Year : 2011
Colorway : Black
Measurements;
Bust: 92-100
Waist 80-88
Length: 89

Headbow
60 Grams

Bag
Depth 26 Width 31-34 Thickness 9-10.5

Set Information



The Dress

I actually bought this dress on first ℬodyline release in the pink and blue colorways however at the time the cut was extremely odd and was not made for a western body type, so to my own dismay I sold it on thinking it would be a dress I would have to edit should I ever re-buy but thanks to the ℬodyline company listening to customer complaint's and advice the dress has a second release with a more flattering cut and different sizing. 
A new feature has also been added!The dress design originally did not come with adjustable straps but this new revised design comes with this feature which I was very impressed by however the dress has at a cost lost the ribbon detail on the waist ties. However this is not so bad as the print on the waist ties are already incredibly detailed and beautiful but are extremely tough which does make good bows but can be quite a fiddle to shape into a nice bow. The dress is quite a nice fit but I would advise do not push it if you want the ribbon on the back, this jsk goes up to roughly 103cm max at a push it is not a dress I would advise for anyone over those measurements. The front bow on the dress is detachable but seems to sit a bit wonky, best to try and get as much fabric inside the needle as possible so it will stay firmly on the dress without going sideways. 

The Headbow

 The headbow is lovely but for some odd reason the bodyline tag has been shoved on the inside of the bow, meaning it is making the center of the bow sit oddly on the hairband however it is not glued or sew to the band so the bow can be easily adjusted to how you want to wear it. I found the headband itself beautiful, the fabric has been sewn so nicely that if a person simply wanted to wear the band on its own they could as the design on the print is well placed on the hairband. When I opened the bow I found it was a bit squished and the lace was bent in an odd way, this can easily be reshaped so you do not become a helicopter whilst wearing it. The bow is firmly on the band, apart from the label issue there are not problems with it.

The Bag

I was pleased to see that the bag is not only big but the strap is also quite long too, unfortunately a lot of ℬodyline bags tend to have very small straps which for a full coordinate is a nightmare especially when trying to fit said straps over puffy shoulders and/or bolero sleeves. The pearls and bows are not detachable but they are sewn on quite well, so should case no problems. The zip is quite cute, almost like a little heart and the zip is also quite strong so should be fine if you ever need to stuff a lot of stuff last minute into this bag. The bag also seems quite well stitched together but i have yet to test its strength just yet.


EXTRA
Not part of set but came in package. These ℬodylinecuff's are beautiful but a bit itchy, I would advise wearing them over your blouse sleeves or place a ribbon of some kind around your wrist s you do not risk scratching yourself but they look beautiful and I plan to buy these in all colourways in my new
ℬodylineorder.



 Personal Opinion
Package Opening


 So first came the package opening and luckily for me I did not get any import fee's which is always a bonus. This package only took 2 weeks and a few days to arrive, once opened I found it beautiful to see all of the products together in such neat packaging. Say what you may about ℬodylinebut their packaging dislike is lovely.




The headbow was squished but looked lovely.


 These wrist cuffs and truly beautiful, despite the itchiness, they look so pretty and the chosen lace has a beautiful floral detail all around with soft scalloped edging.


The bag was beautiful and for some odd reason smelt like cherries, I wonder if ℬodylinehas started scenting certain items.





The dress I saved til last and when opening it I was happy to see how neatly it has been pressed and folded into the packing





 The waist ties are attached quite firmly which I've always found personally annoying but the thickness and strength of these waist ties does make up for it, as when you eventually achieve a bow they will stay firmly in place the print on the waist ties is also charming, I prefer it over the old design with the ribbon on the ties. A NEW addiction to the new design means the straps are also adjustable which is a bonus and a half as I love crossing my straps at the back.
The dress sadly is not lined and the stitching inside is a bit messy yet firm, so despite the few threads and stuff the dress wont fall apart went wearing it. I adore the edged of the dress, the chiffon fabric and lace/ribbon mix is a stunning way to end a dress and feels super soft against the skin so for a day without tights this would be a comfortable dress to wear. The zip on the jsk is also very strong so it should not break as it is well known that ℬodyline zips aren't exactly well known for their not breaking.





 Coordination Idea
 


Blouse: Fully Shirred with detachable Sleeves ℬodyline
Jsk : Love Jewelery ℬodyline 2011
Cuff's :
ℬodyline
Bag : Love Jewelry ℬodyline 2011
Shoes : Punk ℬodyline SHOES258 2012

Dear Headdress : Handmade
Headbow :
Love Jewlery ℬodyline
Roses : Offbrand

The idea behind this coordinate comes from the roses and nature in the print, like being a fawn amongst roses (which is a photoshoot I am currently planning, when done I'll upload the photo's and link it HERE) it is also a more Gothic take on the look as most people tend to wear this dress for Hime or Sweet Lolita. 

I originally wanted to wear this coordinate with a stunning pair of rose prints tights I had picked up from New Look but unfortunately for me my cat's desired them more and accidentally ripped a few holes in them so they had to go in the bin. Hopefully I will find those said tights again as they were a suttle black pair with rose roses.

I choose some black roses over pink, the reason for this was to stick with the Gothic look and since this print is already so complicated I felt pink roses might be too overpowering unless they were small tiny ones. I also feel the wrist cuffs go really well with this outfit and bring out more of the frills aka the base of the dress and bust. These shoes are probably the most fondest shoes I own, I think the simplicity of them is good for this coordinate but if these shoes came in pink I think they would fit even better.




 Trying it on

As I just got this dress I decided to quickly try it on to see how it fit and it's not too bad actually very comfortable. My face is blurred out because I had just woke up, had not make up on and could not be bothered to dress up for too long as it is a work out day today.

But I like it and think when it comes to wearing it out properly I'll have a lovely time, may even buy some roses to hold for this upcoming shoot~


Hope the shoot will be worth it,
Pleasant Dreams †

No comments:

Post a Comment