Monday 23 June 2014

† ℬodyline Bow Edit †

 †  ℬodyline Bow Edit †

 

 In my wardrobe build up I wanted to buy some item's that could bulk up my wardrobe and some of those things were headdresses. In this search I bought 2 bow's,second hand, in a very sorry state. These bow's in question were actually from some ℬodyline set's that the seller had bought and came to her in really bad condition in the construction of the product.

Ironically, even in the legit photo's from the site the bow's look very odd, the one of the left even look misshaped and floppy.


 So after a bit of tweaking this was my result;



The first now was not so difficult, I simply took the bow apart, folded it correctly then put it all back together~


 The second bow however was so badly made and in a right state.
  • The fabric was not stitched in the center and was slightly wonky.
  • The lace was falling off in places and was extremely squished.
  • The center connection was loose and not stitched correctly.
  • Too much fabric for such a small headband made it sit weirdly. A bit of wire in the headbow could have fixed this and shaped it nicely but for that I would have had to have taken the whole headbow apart.


 How I Fixed this.
  • I unpicked the bow/fabric and realigned the cente.
  • I stitched all the lace down so it would stay solid in place.
  • I removed the center unnecessary layer of fabric and turned it into a small beret with a crocodile clip on the back.
  • I used a small bit of center fabric on both bows to make them look better and be stronger.
  • I decided to keep the tiny ribbons on the edge of the large fabric as i felt it looked nice and oldschool.


Really happy with the result,
Pleasant Dreams †

No comments:

Post a Comment