Thursday 19 June 2014

† Bodyline : Music Note JSK Review †

Music Note† 



Brand : ℬodyline (www.bodyline.co.jp)
Style : JSK/Jumperskirt
Size : M
Year : 2010
Colorway : Black

Measurements;
Bust: 84-100
Waist 70-86
Length: 93

 Dress information

As a long time fan of the ℬodyline company I have quite a fondness for the older ℬodyline designs such as this 2010 jumperskirt piece. This simple yet beautiful dress has a large size range due to it's shirring and come with 2 detectable bows on the collar however I have herd mix reviews as sometimes the jsk was made smaller near 90 cm bust max yet this one I own is more near 110cm max which is mega confusing but since it is such an old dress I can fully understand why the jsk is now bigger in size compared to the first release. This print design comes in two style's, a jumper skirt and a skirt with straps (apron style). The skirt version, unlike the jsk, is rather small so if one did get their hands on it you'd be looking at a near 78cm waist max.



Personal Opinion


I have taken any worn coordination pics of this jsk!


Wearing it personally gave me mixed feelings. Since gaining weight and loosing it, my weight has fluctuated for the last year and now that I am on a fast track to loose weight I have done a huge amount of lolita dress shopping, with this I decided to get some old school prints since I love old school designs so I decided to invest in this jsk as I previously owned the pink colorway.

When I received this dress, design wise, I feel in love. The simple print is charming, the detailed collar is so beautiful and polka dots on the base of the print almost makes the dress glow. HOWEVER there are a few things about this dress I would like to change and may do so in the future.


I find the waist ties being attached to the dress are very annoying, I would prefer if I could take them off as it would be easier to tie into a bow that way. The detachable bows looks nice but are very flimsy, one tug could pull the bow apart so I would advice restitching the bow together if you do receive it and your bow are loose. The fabric is very stretchy which for most would sound like a dream but for me it is a hindrance. 

The dress stretches too far and due to this can give a weird shape to your body if you decided to wear it without the back ribbon which is something I tend to due because I am clumsy and have ripped maybe dresses by catching my back ribbon on door handles and such because of my height (I am short without heels on and the perfect height for door handles to attack me) but on another note this stretchy fabric means this jsk would fit larger lolita's too and goes over the 100cm bust limit by at max 10 cm. There is also a weirdness with the sleeves, one sleeve is smaller than the other, this is easy to fit but quite strange when worn. It is not noticeable when wore in view but it does feel rather odd. 


Coordination Idea

 Rundown

Blouse: Fully Shirred ℬodyline 2010
Jsk : Music Note ℬodyline 2010
Belt: Restyle Skeleton Cameo Belt (Damaged/Not fixed yet)

Bag : Musical Bunnies ℬodyline 2013
Shoes : Punk ℬodyline SHOES258 2012

Heart Locket : Alchemy Gothic
Skeleton Hand Clip's : Offbrand
Headbow : 
ℬodyline L445 Headbow (I altered to not be horrid)


The idea behind this coordination was based on being lonely, the idea of feeling empty without your loved one and the only thing to cheer you up is to listen to a romantic love song. As well as a tribute to death and the sweet music played at funeral's to aide in the remembrance of your loved ones. The belt, as you can see, is very damaged but thanks to this I got it for a low price and simply need to replace the damaged elastic. By using a lot of black and white items it balances off the details of the print and by adding the white shoes (with black tights) it takes away the dark of the print and is a bold statement to the plain black tights without going to over-bored on the print.

The skull cameo is something personal to me, this was the first gift my boyfriend gave to me. It is not only beautiful but has the most romantic message inside and should I ever miss him, I simply read the message to cheer myself up. I felt it was fitting for this outfit.

I am so happy I found this old school ℬodyline Blouse on the facebook lolita sales group as it fits perfectly with this dress and ironically is from the same year as well. I am planning to add cuff's to this outfit but they haven't arrived yet (which will be in my new bodyline haul, which is currently now in the post) I also may change the headbow that I fixed/made not crap to a flat headdress depending on which wig I will wear with this outfit.

I personally think that this is not too bad an idea for a coordinate and hope it turns out just as well when worn only then will I give my full opinion of this set. 


Let's see how it turns out,
Pleasant Dreams †

No comments:

Post a Comment