Wednesday 23 July 2014

† 30 DLC - Day 9 - 10 things you will never do in lolita.†

† 30 Day Lolita Challenge †
Day9
† 10 things you will never do in lolita †
 
To be fair when it comes to Lolita there isn't much I won't do. There was a time when I wore Lolita daily (apart from work of course) and I did everything. Cleaning, washing, DIY you name it. It did not phase me, however there were things I did not do in my expensive dresses.
 
I. Painting/Working with glue.
As an artist-LOL as if, but I do create art as a hobby. Painting, drawing, creating things, it is something I enjoy doing but when I tend to do art I either wear a dress I do not care about as much or I will wear an apron. BUT, I will never do some when it comes to brand clothes.
 
 
 
A few years ago when I was Lolita liaison at Nemacon, at the 3nd year event before the fashion show, we had a friend/someone we knew come in to do make up for people who wanted to do the cat walk. So we set up a table for a young make up artist, who also was a Lolita, to come in and do some work however something went a bit pare shaped. I won't go into it but someone who nearly ruined the event decided to hog the make up stand for nearly an hour. There was over 13 girls for the catwalk and not one of them had been able to get there make up done (which was only meant to take 10 minutes per model/entry) so I decided to step in to help out. I share my make up with many people and everyone tucked in to doing there face. One girl who was modelling was having a problem with her nails and the glue that she brought had provided too difficult for her to multitask. So I decided to put the girls nails on and as I as finishing the last nail, the person who was hogging the make up artist finally stood in. She knocked me and I dropped the nail glue which was bright orange onto my BTSSB Secret Cake's OP. Everyone around me freaked out and tried to remove the glue. It dried into the fabric. We covered it with a bow, did the fashion show and non were the wiser.
 
 
After the event I did some small embroidery over the glue. You could not even tell it had happened but from that point on I vowed that me, glue (staining paints etc) and brand would never mix again.
 
II. Dogs and cat's... the hairy ones.
Okay first off I'd like to say I love animals and as a matter of fact own three cat's of my own. However it seems to be the bane of my life that when I buy items 2nd hand they are coated in long, smelling animal hair which is a nightmare to get off clothes. Luckily for me, my cats are all small furred and get groomed on a regular basis.
 
 
 
III. Have the bedroom tango.
 
 
For most Lolita's this is a no brainer but for me it is more than that. Lolita is not just a hobby to me but every dress I own means something to me so I would rather not get anything gross on it. For me, sex is about passion and getting down right into the fun so why should clothes even be needed? However I found that a lot of people who I dated and one who I was with for a short time kind of had a Lolita fetish. Yes and it creeped me out.
 
Personally this creeps me out big time. Lolita to me is a fashion, not a fetish and the idea of mixing sex with it just seems way too odd. Of course you can then argue that Lolita is just clothes right? But everyone is different. WHAT ABOUT YOU? We are all adults here, what is your opinion?
 
IV. Hold a puke/poop monster baby
I have a hard time with young children as it is and find holding a ticking time bomb is just a huge no no. If I were to have my own child or was to hold someone else's, I would still wear Lolita but would own MANY MANY MANY aprons~
 
 
 
Urm and that's where I have to stop. There is not really much I would not do in Lolita and because of that I can not really get up to 10 lol
 
On to Question 10,
 
Pleasant Dreams †

No comments:

Post a Comment