Tuesday 1 July 2014

† ℬodyline : l348 Front & Back Lace-Up JSK Review †

† Review
l348 Front & Back Lace-Up JSK  
odyline



Brand : ℬodyline (www.bodyline.co.jp)
Style : JSK/Jumperskirt
Size :2L
Year : 2011
Colorway : Black
Measurements;
Bust 94-104cm
Waist 80-90cm
 Price :  ¥4,999 


Dress information


This happens to be one of my favorite ℬodyline dresses but gosh darn does this lovely piece of Eden weigh a ton! This is the heaviest dress I have ever worn and the layers of fabric, despite their beauty make the dress require at least 2 giant petticoats or a metal ring just to keep the dress shape correct. On my first time wearing this out with my beloved I found myself constantly puffing up my petticoat in hopes to make the dress sit right. However now that I have a new much stronger petticoat it should not be a problem.
This dress comes with front and back shirring. In theory this may sound like a wonderful idea but in practice this is also trickier than it looks. Balancing the shirring on both sides is a huge pain but once you get it done right it's fine. This dress is actually bigger than the measurements claimed and now that I've lost a bit of weight I may have to sell/trade this size to buy/trade the size down. Below is a photo of me wearing it (bit blurry) but as you can see the dress was too heavy for my old petticoat.


 
 Dress Photographs


 I personally adore the cotton lace on this dress but i find the bows a bit lacking in construction. I plan to remake the small black bows on this dress so they not only sit better but are better quality. This is 1st gen release, as I have been told the 2nd generation release has better bows and removable waist ties. I will find this out myself shortly as I am buying the black direct from the site just like I did this jsk. I do like the straps on the dress but I find the elasticated straps a bit weird as due to the weight of the dress I found myself pulling the dress up quite a few time when wearing it. FYI I only only worn this dress once for this photograph due to waiting for my new petticoat which I have now (thanks to my hunny randomly buying it for me as a gift).






Coordination Idea





Blouse: Fully Shirred with detachable Sleeves, ℬodyline
Jsk : l348 ℬodyline 2011
Cuff's :
ℬodyline
Bag : Primark (Leather bow with pearls handmade and attached to bag)
Shoes : Punk Spikked RHS,ℬodyline

Headdress : Bodyline/Remade
Berret:
Bodyline/Remade
Necklace: Skull Locket, Alchemy Gothic
Choker : Reserve Cross, Extreme Largeness

The idea behind this outfit is base a bit on a memory. If you have even been one of those people who used to read the old Gothic Lolita Magazines you would have been drowned in old school coordinates and alternative outfit twists, this outfit sings oldschool. Since I have my new petticoat and a few new accessories I am going to be wearing this out soon to the next meet. The idea is a bit of oldschool with a twist of gothic/punk and modern. The outfit has been personalized with my cross necklace and skull cameo locket however since my rocking horse shoes are spike I may wear my spiked collar to balance that out. I've balanced the white blouse with some black cuffs and should I fit it all on my head I will be wearing some small white horns (not pictured) on my black wig with my headdress. I wanted to wear some stripped tights for this outfit to keep with the black/white theme but this depend on my feeling on the day. This bag I picked up from Primark is lovely and so useful but when I bought it, it felt so lacking so I bought some white leather and used a pearl chain to add a little bling to it. I may not use the berret clip but I will see how I feel closer to the time.

 I also personally love the polka dot theme on the bag and since the theme of my outfit has no print and is quite plain, I think it adds a little cuteness to the whole ensemble. I think the cuff are not for everybody but I feel it adds a bit to the blouse as for me the blouse is quite plain.
 



Trying it on


This is just a quick try on, if you look close enough you may even see my PJ bottoms under my frills. Sometimes when planning coordinates I'll quickly shove them on without a wig, make up or any effort really and this was one of those situations. I am not sure how the cuff's work in practice but they do look interesting I also like the white blouse but I don't know if white is my thing. Wearing 2 petticoats for this heavy thing, think I may edit this dress to have wire/metal inside of the dress lining as it is simply that heavy and takes a lot for the petticoat to take form.



Looking forward to wearing it out,
Pleasant Dreams †

No comments:

Post a Comment